Producing and uploading a video can be a timely process. Check out this video tutorial showing you how to optimise your YouTube video. Optimising and engaging with your target audience after you upload is as equally important. Add the necessary metadata so your video will go up in searches.
- Give your video a title – make sure the title has keywords that are relevant to what the content is about. For example if the content is about tweed jackets you want to add that keyword in
- Add a detailed description that clearly explain what your video is about. You want to use plenty of standout keywords that will stand out in searches
- In the tags use keywords relevant to what your content is about. This also helps in searches
- Metadata is not only used in your title but also in your description and the tags you create
- Annotate your video with calls to action, subscribe buttons and links to content that is related
- Add video to all relevant playlists on your channel. Adding other similar videos on similar topics informs YouTube and Google that your videos are similar.
- Make your video public
- Once your video is live engage with your audience, update all your social media, reach out to relevant sites and blogs