YouTube SEO marketing strategy should involve YouTube videos and getting your videos to rank higher in searches. Provide users with content that is informative, helpful and informative to rank well. Video content is indeed king when it comes to social media marketing and content marketing. Video marketing efforts allow you to generate higher levels of engagement and sales generation.
YouTube SEO – 5 Essential Tips:
- Add a detailed description and video title that clearly explain what your video is about as it is pivotal for YouTube SEO. Inform YouTube what your video is about. Use plenty of standout keywords that are relevant to what your content is about and that will stand out in searches. Include a call to action in the description.
- In the tags use keywords relevant to what your content is about. This also helps in searches. Tags are words that inform YouTube users what your video content is about. Don’t use irrelevant tags in your videos as an attempt to rank better in searches.
- Annotate your video with calls to action, subscribe buttons and links to content that is related. Build links back to your content to show that your content is trustworthy and simultaneously rank higher in search results. Annotations can also be used to link to your other related videos, your YouTube channel and your playlists.
- Add video to all relevant playlists on your channel. Adding other similar videos on similar topics helps YouTube and Google determine the content of your videos.
- Once your video is public engage with your audience, update all your social media, embed it in your website, reach out to relevant sites and blogs. You can place and link your social media networks in your YouTube channel page.
Need more convincing? The proof is in the stats!
- 74% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video “It is crucial for marketers to start creating and incorporating video as part of their content strategies.” Source
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with best ROI Source
- Videos appear to be more prominent as they contain an eye-catching thumbnail image encouraging more clicks “Eye-mapping study of SEO video results shows that consumers tend to pay more attention to video listings.” Source
- 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales or communication “Video content is very diverse and can be used in multiple ways. They can be embedded on websites, shared in email campaigns, used to communicate internally, train sales team and used for customers and more.” Source
- Using the word “Video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%, click-through rates by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26% Source
- B2B and B2C marketers all over the world say video is the top 3 most effective social media marketing tactic “Video content is king when it comes to social media.” Source
- 69% of smartphone users say videos are a perfect solution for smartphone viewing as it offers a quick way for consumers to grasp an overview of a product “Smartphone users have said they rely on video’s from brands to make their purchasing decisions.” Source
Check out more staggering statistics
- We watch 6 Billion hours of video on YouTube every month Source
- The average YouTube session on mobile is now 40 minutes Source
- 1 Billion people across the world use YouTube every month Source
- 400 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute Source
- 50% of YouTube’s views come from mobile devices Source
- Searches related to “how-to” on YouTube are growing 70% year over year, with more than 100M hours of how-to content watched Source
- Websites with video content enjoy 88% more time spent on pages by visitors Source
Having video content on pages can contribute to 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines Source
After seeing an online video about a product, consumers are 46% more likely to search about this product online Source
Product videos increase the likelihood of purchases by 85% Source
80% of Millennials Consider Video Content When Researching a Purchase Decision Source
7 out of 10 Millennials Are Likely to Watch a Company Video When Shopping Online Source
76% of Millennials Follow Brands on YouTube Source
“How-to” videos are one of the most popular content types on YouTube Source
Video viewers list YouTube as their #1 destination for finding videos about products or brands Source